Getting ready with your Mum

Hi everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive. Anyway, hi again! It's me (unfortunately) and today I have a new post for you. (I'm so blunt)

So this post is probably relatable to many people. Probably some of my friends can definitely agree on this matter. Okay, so you wake up in the morning and begin to get ready. You're pretty slow but whatever. Your Mum gets impatient because she is waiting for you to be finished.

Mum: "Are you ready to go?"
Me: "No..."
Mum: "Hurry up!"

After a while, you're finally dressed and ready to roll. You're ready to rock around the clock. (see what I did there?) But someone isn't. Your Mum.

Me: "Let's go!"
Mum: *turns on hairdryer*
Me: -______________________________-

Are you kidding me right now?

After all that, you turn on the hairdryer? Just a tad late, you know? I'm all set - backpack on, blazer on, shoes tied. Blood pressure zooms up PEW! And I'm boiling like a pot of pasta (what am I even saying?)

Or another scenario like this:

Me: "Okay let's go!"
Mum: "Can you get my boots?"
Me: *grabs boots and gives them*
Mum: *slowly unties the lace and puts one foot in, tightens the lace and ties it again*
Me: -___________- *about to explode*

Seriously. You can just slip your feet in and not tie your shoelaces. We're running late (hehe, my fault usually) and you still need to untie the laces and ceremoniously tie them back together again. If getting ready was represented by a song, mine would definitely be "Vivaldi - four seasons (Spring)". Running around madly like a headless chicken, trying to stuff breakfast in my mouth while packing my lunch. It's an awesome experience. (not)


My Mum's jam would be probably a slow song....with maybe a sax playing the melody. Everything goes slow motion while a slow beat comes in with the sax. Oh yes.

Well that's all for today! If you can relate to this, please comment below and share your experience! Don't forget to follow me and keep updated on my daily posts! (let's hope I can keep that promise)

Links to songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAPFM3dgag (Me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFoj1pvpDbc (Mum)

Love,
Bridget
 (P.S: Sorry Mum if you see this <3)
----- ----- ----- -----
QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
"It doesn't matter where you start. Only that you begin."

Comments