Holiday season is hard to break

Hi everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive. Anyway, hi again! It's me (unfortunately) and I don't know if you know, but I'm on holidays right now! And to say that it's been the best time of my life is an understatement.
 
Some people that I know wake up early in the holidays because they can't "wake up later than 9". What? I wake up at 11 something...and when I say something I mean nearly 12. 12 as in the afternoon. As in 12PM. As in half my day has been wasted in bed. But let's not focus on me and how late I wake up. How can people wake up so early? I can barely wake up at 11 so how do people wake up at 9? I feel inundated.

inundate
/ˈɪnʌndeɪt/
verb
past tense: inundated; past participle: inundated
  1. 1.
    overwhelm (someone) with things or people to be dealt with.
     

Yeah...life couldn't get an better. Holidays is the best time. 2 weeks of maximum relaxation. No school, no homework, no stress and no disruptions. Perfect paradise. However, there's a hitch. For me anyway. My Mum is currently overseas leaving my sister and my Dad and me here. How fancy shmansy! So okay, Mum's gone, that's all right. But no it's not all right. The responsibilities that used to be my Mum's has been passed down. Down, down, down.

Imagine a hierarchy system, a triangle. My Mum is at the top, then it's my Dad, then it's my sister and finally at the bottom it's me. I'M THE PEASANT. Oh the joy. Well anyway, my sister and I now have to do the chores. (sniff sniff) I have to hang out the clothes, fold the clothes and cook help make dinner. Although you may be thinking, "Wow, she is exaggerating so much. Doing all those things are nothing. Stop being such a drama queen." I don't blame you if you agree with that, but come on, it's the holidays, don't I deserve a break?

Because in a few days time, school term will begin. Back to work, back to LIFE. You gotta fix your gears, oil your machine and screw back on your brain. And I'll be experiencing the same thing everyday - my Mum taking years to get ready. (You can check out the post here) I'm still in the holiday mood and I don't want it to end. Holiday season is hard to break indeed. Hell, I'm going to die on the first day back.
Well, I'm off. I better enjoy frolicking around before Term 4 begins. And assessments begin! And the stress rolls in. *that rhymed* And I'm going to fail each and every one. Now, now, don't be so pessimistic and negative. You might only fail a few so don't worry that much!

Well that's all for today! Don't forget to follow me on Google+ (if you have it), share my blog with your friends and keep updated on my posts!

Love,
Bridget
----- ----- ----- -----
 
QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
 
"Failure is just a practice for success."


  1.  

Comments