Halloween is just an excuse

Hi everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive. Anyway, hi again! It's me (unfortunately) and today's post is about Halloween!

To begin with, I don't really understand the concept of Halloween. It's about celebrating the dead and although many would argue in an extremely whiny voice "Oh but nobody really celebrate that. They just want the candy."  I would have to disagree with them. But I'm not talking about these people today. This year Halloween is on a Monday, meaning it's on a school night. I don't celebrate Halloween and because it's on a school night, it's even more reason to not.

Halloween is an American thing (I haven't done my research so...) and here in Australia, it seems kind of odd...that we celebrate it...even all around the world. Just shows how influential America is. But that's not the problem. The problem is that shops are using that advantage to sell costumes, candy, lanterns, plastic pumpkins to hold candy and other Halloween related things.

 
And they charge all these things quite expensively. I mean maybe it's a peeve for me. And while we're talking about Halloween costumes, why are the ones that young adults/teenagers wear are always so...revealing? Now don't get me wrong, some of them are perfectly fine but others...they either are so short that it's like an underwear or reveals your upper body waayy too much. Designers change a character's costume from being appropriate to inappropriate. For that, I do not approve.
 
Yes, Halloween is a fun time, where you can go trick-o-treating with your friends, knocking on doors and plastering a cute face in order to gain some candy, but just a warning: there are strangers out there that want more than candy and what you're wearing is very important. Just keep that in mind.
 
This post is my opinion, so if you have any problems with it, do not comment hate or anything similar because everybody has their own opinion and this is mine about Halloween.
 
Well that's all for today! I hope you enjoyed this post, comment below if you like pumpkins or not, share my blog with your friends and don't forget to keep updated on my posts!
 
P.S: HAPPY HALLOWEEN (can't believe I said that)
 
Love,
Bridget
----- ----- ----- -----
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old but on building the new."
 


Comments