Beats by Dad

Hi everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive. Anyway, hi again! It's me (unfortunately) and today I had the most interesting afternoon.

You see, I went to Hurstville with my parents for lunch and to do some shopping. We were running low on veggies and fruits and I needed to buy conditioner (because the one at home was for colour treated hair). Anyway, my Mum had to buy some prawns and told my Dad and I to go down to the car to put away the other groceries. She would come to the car afterwards. Okay then, we trekked down the ramp, walked all the way to the other side of the car park (because my Dad loves parking really far from the entry especially when we have heavy bags) and you know the drill.

My Dad turned on the engine and as a fidgety child, I turned on the radio and listened to Shawn Mendes for a bit..."...treat you better, than he can...", switched it to "...hall of fame...and the whole world's gonna know your name...", then switched it to USB. I never knew that was an option so I clicked on it. Immediately this awesome beat came on. I clicked onto the file and saw there was a whole list of songs. Excited by this new discovery, I pressed on song number 82 and YES, it was the best! It was like a DJ, techno, house music thing...I don't know.

 
I never knew that my Dad, my Dad listened to these songs. Perhaps that's where I inherited my taste in music. When my Mum finally returned after six years, carrying only three bags, the next song will similar to the first two, but it had lyrics - in Mandarin. But that was all good - even if I didn't understand. This is all I got: "Darling, darling, wo ai ni..." which I translate to "Darling, darling, I love you". If it's correct, I'll be over the moon.

My Mum told off my Dad for listening to these songs saying that he was too old to listen to such "young songs" and my Dad responded saying that he just downloaded it and didn't know what it was. That's like a pop up came up on the screen saying "You have 1 new email!" and you click it and you ended up downloading a virus. "Oh, I just downloaded it! I didn't know what it was!"

But the most surprising thing is that my Dad listens to these songs. Who even knew? And that, folks, just shows that there is another side of parents that you can't always see. Great, now all I can imagine is my Dad wearing sunnies, windows rolled down to the full and blasting "Darling, darling, wo ai ni..."  If I saw him, I'd close the window and take a U-turn.

Well that's all for today! Don't forget to follow me on Google +, comment below what your parents enjoy listening to, share my blog with your friends and keep updated on my posts!

Love,
Bridget
----- ----- ----- -----
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to be yourself."

Comments