Fam-ily (i love you)

What's up everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive (just click the three lines on the top left corner). Anyway, hi again! It's Brianna and today's post is about appreciating our family. As lame and boring as it sounds, trust me, you don't realise how important they are in your life. (P.S: listen to this song on repeat while you read this to set the melancholic mood)

At the end of last year, my Grandma passed away. I had gone to Hong Kong for a whole month, and half of the time was spent going to the hospital, visiting her, holding in my tears, trying to be strong for my broken Mum, going back home, and repeating this over and over again. It was honestly a traumatising experience. I wasn't present when she passed away. Instead, I received a call from my crying Mum while I was eating breakfast. My Grandma was baptised before she died, and I am so happy that I was able to give her Christian name - Catherine. To be honest, I was never extremely close with my Grandma...and I didn't realise how much I loved her until she was gone. And it's this realisation that hurt the most, why didn't I care for her more when she was actually alive?


From this, I learnt that family is something extremely, extremely valuable, special...treasure it. You never know when the time will hit...so use time wisely. Although you may think, sometimes your parents, your siblings, your relatives, can be annoying, irritating, embarrassing, once they're gone, its these things that you will miss the most. Your family may have expectations and put pressure on you.

You may hate it during the time and think "Why are they doing this to me? I just want to live a happy life. I want to have independence and freedom. I want to be able to do the things I want. Why do they are compare me to others? Why can't they just leave me alone. You live your own life, and I'll live mine." You might hear this phrase "I'm only doing this for your own good. This is your future not mine. You can do what you want with it but I want you to have a good life." many times during your life, but trust me, your family always wants to give you the best things - childhood, education, experience, etc. Although, recently, my Mum has been restricting the stuff I do, example calling friends. Never mind, I AM BULLETFRUIT! (if you get this reference, I will love you forever)


Sometimes, you don't realise how large of a part your family plays in your life. From the beginning of your birth, till the end of your lifetime. You were raised by them, you learnt from them, and most importantly, you grew with them by your side. No family is perfect. We argue, we fight. We even ignore and stop talking to each other some times. But in the end, family is family, the love will always be there. A family's love is the greatest gift of life. After all, ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

"Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes family."
 
Please appreciate the wonderful times you share with your family and remember that nothing lasts forever. Hold your family close and dear, like they did and always will do for you.
 
 
Anyway, that's all for today! Thank you for reading. Remember to follow my blog by clicking the subscribe button (located on the top right side of the page), keep updated on my posts and share my blog with others! I love you all! 💕

Yours forever,
Brianna Fong
∞ ∞      ∞ ∞       ∞ ∞
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The only way to do great work is to love the work you do."

Comments

Post a Comment