Being branded

Hi everyone! If you're new to my blog  welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive. Anyway, hi again! It's me (unfortunately) and today's post is about brands and what comes along as a package when you are branded by others.

Before I continue, I would like to profusely and sincerely apologise for not updating for so long. I still have exams going on, so it is difficult for me to update...even weekly. But, I say this all the time, I will make it up to you. I promise. I swear to Sherlock, that I will make up for everything. You are all awesome human beans. Without further ado, let's get into it!
...

I was inspired to write this post from a recent experience. My friends and I were talking about food pyramids and ranking each other - so from top to the bottom. We had different topics such as "Most aggressive", "The wisest", "The One who has the best lunches" and so on. That was when someone suggested, "Best Fashion Sense". Well, you know what happened. I was put at the bottom of the pyramid...yeah, that bruised my pride all right. I asked why and they said something along the lines of, "You and your Kmart leggings and shirts..."


To say the least, I was hurt, offended, insulted, shocked and speechless. I was offended and insulted because they spoke in a tone that basically expressed: "Hi, I'm judging you for what you wear. Kmart is so cheap and you wear crappy things." I was shocked and speechless because I would of never thought that my own friends would say something like that. Say something that made them look like they had fickle-minded hearts that only cared about shiny, fake, superficial things. At first, I didn't know what to say. It stung. Those words stung like salt on an open wound. But that got me thinking: are people in society today branded?

 
Of course, it is human nature to judge someone. Everyone has their own tastes and styles. Almost everyone has an opinion.  Some people just have the decency to keep it to themselves. We are all guilty of judging people by their exterior. Often what we wear or what we use - particularly the brand we use - defines our social status and deeply reflects our lifestyle and our mentality. Wearing good brands speaks of affluence and good social standing rather than wearing a cheap copy. Some people choose to wear clothing that is in style, while others prefer dressing comfortably in plain clothes.

It's like, people today only purchase clothes from "popular", "in", "hot", "in style" stores. When they see others wearing clothes from stores like, Big W, Kmart, Target, Pumpkin Patch, they scrutinise them in a condescending manner and try to look superior. What is wrong with clothes from there? What reason do you have to be against? I really don't understand. If you think it's cheap quality and ugly, let me tell you one thing. At least I dress well. My clothes fit. So stop judging people. Looks don't carry you, neither do clothes. Forgive me for not looking good enough for your stereotypical view of fashion and to appease your prejudice.

 
If you're going through this, remember this: Dress how you want. Be who you want.

Anyway, that's all for today! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! Remember to follow my blog by clicking the follow button on the side, keep updated on my posts and share my blog with others! I love you all! 💕
Yours forever,
Brianna Fong
∞ ∞      ∞ ∞       ∞ ∞
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"When you judge others, you do not define them; you define yourself."


Comments