Hope for humanity

What's up everyone! If you're new to my blog, welcome to Breakfast at Bridget's! To read my previous posts, just click on the links in the blog archive (just click the three lines on the top left corner). Anyway, hi again! It's Brianna and today's post is about the potential hope for humanity.

I've risen from the dead. I haven't blogged for like how many months? I don't even know, but I'm pretty every single of my reader before has left and moved on. All I can say, is a deep, sincere sorry.

So today, I had an outing with a bunch of my friends. We were planning to go tea hunting around in the local shopping centre. It was all good before. Walking around the centre, going into shops but leaving with empty hands, buying food and drinks (I had my first Chatime!) etc. That was my ideal day. But nope, it had to get ruined. My anxiety decides to come for a visit and completely ruin me and the outing. It started with me sitting down, having a panic attack. It soon left and my friend and I decided to go buy some lunch. Mind you, the food court was packed, and it was so damn noisy with performances happening on another level and people everywhere. I couldn't order. It was too overwhelming. Legitimately, I basically went down on lock-down mode. Thinking back, man that was embarrassing.

Picture this: me on the ground, unable to breathe, feeling nauseous, wanting to die, and my friend looking on, helpless and panicked for my own sake. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know what to say to help me. I could barely help myself. But I was so fortunate and lucky that there were by-passers who saw and helped me. One of them was the owner of a sushi shop in the food court and a very kind lady. They were the first two people who came to me. Long story short, the owner called security, security called one of the medical staff assistant who worked at the shopping centre, the medical person called the ambulance and the paramedics soon came. Though, they couldn't do much because everything I was experiencing was psychological, they provided so much comfort and love, I felt extremely guilty. How the hell am I supposed to repay them?

All rights reserved to owner
I could barely thank them, with the gratitude that I had for them because I was still so trapped in my own state. I wanted to thank them so much for everything. They were with me the whole time, I don't even remember how long I was on the ground. I have never received so much love and care from strangers before. Honestly, I felt so bad and I still do. Those strangers used their own time and effort to help me. And I am forever grateful and in debt for everything they did. My friend gave me a bottle of water and said that a man who was passing by, saw and bought it for me.

These small gestures of generosity touches one's heart so much, it hurts. I really wish that I can find those who helped me and give them the biggest thank you I can muster. I owe those who assisted me in that moment, especially the strangers, the paramedics, and my friend. How can I ever show my appreciation to them?

That is why, I believe if there are more people who are like that - people who are willing to stop by and ask in concern if everything is okay, the world can be so much of a better place. I know that everyone has heard of that and probably think that it's over said, well I agree. That it not until you experience it yourself and you suddenly realise the impact that people can leave on you. Hospitality from random people that you don't know, is one of the greatest gifts that humankind can provide. Reaching out to help others, staying with them until they are "okay". Even with all the injustice, violence, terrorism, political instability and more that is occurring in the world, hope for humankind is still present. ClichΓ©, tick. Cheesy, tick. Lame, tick. But it's true. You only meet people doing amazing things if you step outside your everyday.

All rights reserved to owner
If we all can stop by someone who is hurt or suffering, or in need help, the world can be such a better place. If only humans unlock that part of themselves and use it in life, only the world can change for the good of all.

Anyway, that's all for today! Thank you for reading. Remember to follow my blog by clicking the subscribe button (located on the top right side of the page), keep updated on my posts and share my blog with others! I love you all! πŸ’•
 
Yours forever,
Brianna Fong
∞ ∞      ∞ ∞       ∞ ∞
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Hope for a better tomorrow." πŸ˜‰

 

Comments